Get Rid of Bat Wing Arms – Toned Beautiful Arms Fast
Honestly, I’d never heard of the term “bat wing arms” until one of my readers emailed me complaining that she had them. I thought, “What the heck is a bat wing arm?” Then I looked it up. I totally get it. So, today I’ve decided to answer a question by Jill about her bat wing arms. Here it is:
“I’ve been eating low carb for the last 4 months, and I’ve lost 30 pounds. My problem is that my arms are flabby. While I’m happy I’ve lost weight, I’m now ashamed to wear sleeveless blouses. How do I get rid of bat wing arms?” Will I need surgery? – Going Batty Over Bat Wings
Congratulations on your weight loss and your commitment to low-carb eating! And no. You don’t need to get surgery. What you can do is incorporate free weights and circuit training into your exercise regimen. But first, what stops women from incorporating weight training during their weight loss journey? Fear. But fear of what?
Fear of Gaining Muscle
The most common fear I hear from women is that they’re afraid they’ll bulk up if they lift weights. They don’t want to look masculine. But that would never happen because
Beginner Arm Exercises
The best arm exercises for beginners include the use of free weights and gym equipment. I personally love the gym. Hopefully, you have a gym membership. If not, I highly recommend joining one so that you’re motivated by others around you.
#1 PULLEY TRICEPS EXTENSION
I love this machine. Here’s are the steps:
1. Stand over the pulley (it would be over your head). There should be a thick rope attached to it.
2. Grab hold of the end of the ropes, with your palms facing each other.
3. Stand with your feet apart (approximately hip-width apart) with your knees bent slightly.
4. Your elbows should be beside your hips and bent at a
5. Slowly raise and release, but don’t let the weights touch until you’ve completed your sets.
You’re going to do a set of 3 with repetitions of 10-12. Your arm should be tired by the time you reach the 10th repetition. If you’re not tired, it means the weight is too light.
This is another great machine. The advantage of using a machine (as opposed to free weights) is that you don’t have to figure out the structure of the exercise. You just sit on the machine and do it. The lat
And away we go…
1. Sit down faced towards the weight stack
2. Grab the bar overhead with your palms faced outward – away from your body.
3. Slightly lean
4. The muscles you’ll want to engage are the large muscles down the sides of your back.
You’re going to do a set of 3 with repetitions of 10-12.
#3 DELTOID RAISE
For this exercise, you’ll be using free weights (
Ready? 1, 2, 3…Here we go…
1. Stand with your legs apart (about hip-width apart), with your knees slightly bent. Now, bend forward
(about 20 degrees) at the waist
2. Hold each dumbbell beside your body (down) with your palms facing your thighs.
3. Slowly lift your arms out to the side into a “T” position until your arms reach your shoulder level.
4. Return to the starting position
Do 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions
Where to Buy The Best Dumbbell Sets
And now I have some great news for you. I did some online research for you. I wanted to find the best types of dumbbells to use for beginners that are cheap, but high quality. I found two that I highly recommend. The first set of dumbbells is called CAP Neoprene Dumbbells. They come in different colors and in a variety of weights from 2 pounds up to 15 pounds. And they come as a pair.
Remember I suggested for the dumbbell exercise to start with a low weight? Well, with the CAP Neoprene Dumbells, you have the option to choose from
The price for
Now, there’s a second option, in case you’re not sure whether you should start with the 2-pound weights or 5-pound weights.
AmazonBasics Neoprene Dumbbells
You can buy AmazonBasics Neoprene Dumbells. This is actually a better buy than the CAP Neoprene Dumbbells because the AmazonBasics Neoprene Dumbbells include:
- 3 pairs of dumbbells in 2-pound, 3-pound, and 5-pound sizes
- Easy to assemble weight stand
And the price is only $24.99. You get the same benefits as the CAP Neoprene Dumbbells such as:
- Neoprene coating on weights for
- Made for indoor and outdoor use
- Perfect for resistance training
So you’re getting 3 pairs of weights and
Congratulations on your eating healthy, abstaining from carbs and sugar – and now incorporating exercise and weight training into your program! Remember, it’s important to be consistent with your exercise. Exercise 5 days a week (with your doctor’s approval, of course) to see fast results.
I hope this article was helpful. I’d love to hear how you get rid of bat wing arms. Please feel free to leave your comments below!